Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's a Wrap!

I decided to skip out on trying a new vegetable this week and enjoy some of my favorite vegetables instead. Last night I tried a recipe that I found on the Everyday Paleo web site. It reminded me of the lettuce wraps from Pei Wei or P.F. Changs, so I had to try it. Plus, I had been craving Chinese food, and I thought this might just quench my desire to order an A13.

When Greg got home from work, he said, "Man, it smells just like Pei Wei!" Yes! I knew right then it was going to be a successful new dinner.

Warning: This recipe requires a lot of chopping. I love to chop... it's almost therapeutic for me, so I didn't mind at all.






I made the Thai peanut sauce with my trusty almond butter, and it was the perfect topping. It really added flavor to the wraps. Also, this made a ton of food. I packed Greg's lunch with leftovers, and there is more than enough for Izzy and I to have for lunch.

I just had to post this cute picture of my little girl... she's had such a fun summer. She fingerpainted with Greg last night while I went running. She made such a cute artist in her Cars panties, I couldn't resist taking a picture before I headed out hoping to avoid nasty amphibians on my run... there's got to be something wrong with a creature that only comes out at night... it gives frogs a bad rep, almost like vampires... yeah whatever!

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...