Monday, June 1, 2009

Greg Hodges Look-Alike Contest 2009

It seems like each day someone tells Greg that he looks like a different celebrity. So, now, I've decided to take it upon myself to take a vote and decide who he looks the most like! Take a good look at Greg:


Now here are his famous look-alikes...


Jason Segal

We first saw him on How I Met Your Mother... we absolutely love that show, and Greg looks even more like 'Marshall' because he acts so very much like him! 





Ryan Reynolds

Greg claims that he looked like Ryan Reynolds in his prime. I, however, have seen pictures of Greg in his youth, and I have to say that he looked a lot like Screech Powers from Saved by the Bell. That brings me to our next contestant...




Samuel "Screech" Powers

Imagine Greg in high school... a scrawny 6'3" opposed to the lumberjack-ish Greg we know today. Imagine Greg's hair just a little bit longer... it would be just like Screech's... a head full of curls! I may just have to get my hands on an old school pic of Greg to prove that he looks the most like this Saved by the Bell star!


American Idol's Matt Giraud

Just a few months ago Greg got a phone call from his bestie (Greg's word, not mine) Eddie, telling us to switch the TV to FOX... and there he was, Matt Giraud, Greg's lastest, greatest twin! The R&B crooner looked so much like Greg that even Izzy pointed to the TV and said, "da-da"!

The Brawny Paper Towel Guy

This is probably my all time favorite Greg Hodges look-alike! Greg told me that someone at work noticed his likeness on a roll of paper towels, and I immediately knew who he was talking about! Since growing out the beard Greg does have the flannel shirt-wearing, lumberjack quality that makes you think of the Brawny Paper Towel Guy. I think he may even be able to carry an axe around in public... no questions asked!

"McSteamy" - Eric Dane

Not too long ago, a girl that Greg works with told him that he looks like McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy. I don't really see the resemblance, but Greg loves the fact that McSteamy has been added to his list of look-alikes! He now randomly says, "McSteamy". And he's really into doctor stuff. He used to think he was pretty close to being a doctor because he took half of a semester of pre-med courses in college... now he thinks he's even closer!

So cast your vote. Who do you think Greg looks the most alike? Feel free to elaborate on your answer, and if there's somone that's not listed that you think looks like Greg... please, oh, please let me know! I'm going to go with Screech Powers carrying a roll of Brawny paper towels... yeah, whatever!

11 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

Definitely Jason Segal!!!

Lora said...

I just thought of another one... Paul Bunyan!

Peggy Vinson said...

I vote for Screech - actually Greg's brother looks more like Screech than Greg does.

Lora said...

Well, that's what Greg looked like when he was younger, so I guess Jimmy will end up looking a lot like Greg!!!

Bo said...

definately jason segal. i read the blog about american idol, and i can totally see and hear greg saying, "I've got chills"

Lora said...

Ha ha! YES!!! I love that!

Luke said...

I said Jason Segal as well. But Greg always told people he was Pre-Med in College. Trying to impress the girls, it didn't work.

Team Nurse said...

I think he looks like he should play for the Tulsa Drillers!

Lora said...

Luke, he still tries the pre-med thing! ha ha!

And Sarah... I love it! He does look like a Tulsa Driller!

chelsea said...

i've always thought that he looks like screech. i mean, even when we were little. oh, and you're forgetting matthew lillard. is that his name? the guy from scream. i know that people used to tell him that.

anna said...

you know my vote! matt giraud! this is too funny, lora!

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...