Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh My,Oh My, Oh Vitamins!

Izzy is taking some new vitamins, and my, oh my, have I tried every trick in the book to get her to take them.

First, I asked her to chew them up. She spit them out.

Next, I crushed them up and put it in her water. Of course, she wouldn't willingly drink think "vitamin" water. So I resorted to doing a "cheers", clinking my cup with hers. What do ya know? She chugged the whole thing! Great, I thought. I'll just have to "cheers" Izzy every morning and evening when it's vitamin time.

Oh no. The next time Izzy took her vitamins, the "cheers" method didn't work. So I shoved one of her vitamins inside her favorite fruit: a blueberry. I thought this was pretty inventive, but Izzy totally knew that the vitamin was in the blueberry. Geez!

Then, I crushed the vitamin, put it on a spoon and put a glob of almond butter on top of it. I got behind Izzy and strategically shoved the almond butter/vitamin mixture in her mouth. Izzy proceeded to keep her mouth open for the next five minutes, as if to say, "I'm not going to swallow it!" Finally, she swallowed it, and now we have our vitamin-taking procedure.

That leads me to share our new favorite snack with you: almond butter! It really is a delicious, healthy treat that Izzy and I are loving. We like to dip bananas and celery in it. Oh, and Izzy likes to take her vitamins with it... yeah, whatever!

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...