Monday, June 20, 2011

WWSD: What Would Sarah Do???

I think Izzy has an imaginary friend. Just the other day when we were leaving the house, Izzy said her usual round of goodbyes, with an extra one added to the end:

"Goodbye, Lucy! Goodbye, Icey! (my class pet from school, a beta fish), Bye, Sarah!"

"What, Izzy? Who is Sarah?" I said.

She looked at me like I was a crazy person and continued out to the car.

The next day, she asked me if I could see Sarah.

"Um, no... where is she?" I said, looking around. She looked at me, again, like I was a weirdo.

Since then we've heard, "Hurry up, Sarah!", "Let's go, Sarah!", and my personal favorite, "Sarah did it."

Here's a recipe I hope Izzy and Sarah will both enjoy! Ha ha!

Sweet Potato Chips
1 large sweet potato
extra virgin olive oil
salt

Peel and cut the sweet potato in to thin discs. Lay slices flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt (I used Real Salt).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Flip chips over, sprinkle with salt and return to oven for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

I've got a batch of sweet potato chips in the oven right now. Now let's just hope Sarah doesn't get to them before Izzy and I do! Yeah, whatever!

2 comments:

Jenni (Mac) D said...

Mmmmmmmm!!! I looove sweet potato chips! If you plan on making many sweet potato chips in the future I would highly suggest investing in a mandolin...they are amazing! Perfectly even 1/8" thick slices...yay! We also sometimes cook our sweet potato chips in the microwave (I know it sounds weird!)...we just put them on parchment paper and pop 'em in for 5-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. It's probably a good idea to open the microwave after the 5 minute mark and let some of the steam escape. :)

Lora said...

Great idea!!! I'm adding mandolin slicer to my list of must-have kitchen gadets!!! (I really want a dehydrator, too!!!)

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...