Thursday, March 12, 2009

Skiing... just like riding a bicycle!!!

In two days, Greg, Izzy and I will pack up and head to Ruidoso, New Mexico for a much needed week-long ski trip. Not too long ago, Greg and I were talking about skiing. He said that he's an awesome skiier even though he hasn't skiied in about ten years. I told him that I had a feeling it wasn't going to be the same as it was when he was fifteen. Then he said that skiing is just like riding a bicycle. I replied with, "riding a bicycle is not always like riding a bicycle".

My last experience on a bicycle wasn't that great... I could barely steer it in a straight line, and, yes, I fell off of it a few times. This was in college, and the last time I had ridden a bicycle before that was in 6th grade. That ride resulted in the great bike wreck of '93 and an elbow that looked like raw hamburger meat. Before that accident, I rode my bike all the time. Afterwards, I took a little break from it... about a ten year break.

Therefore, I am excited and anxious to see Greg ski down the mountain... it should be just like riding a bike, right?! We'll see... I'm sure I'll be full of stories when we get back. You never know, my next blog could be written from the ER where we are patiently waiting for x-rays... Greg's or mine (I fell down waiting in line last year)... yeah, whatever!

2 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

Lora, you crack me up!!! What is Izzy doing while you guys ski?

Lora said...

She'll probably hang out with Greg's mom most of the time, but there's a little snow-tubing place we want to take her one day... it's going to be so much fun!!!

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...