Monday, June 8, 2009

Am I Smarter Than a Fifth Grader???

Finally, I got a job! I am so very excited to start working as a 5th Grade Teacher at Exley Elementary in Katy, Texas.

This great opportunity came after about seven months of filling out job applications and going on dead-end interviews.

I got so discouraged. I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting a job. I started analyzing every aspect of my resume, my interviewing skills and even my wardrobe. I seriously changed my earrings thinking it might help!

Through all of this, I kept telling myself (and half-believing myself) that everything happens for a reason. Now, I know that everything truly does happen for a reason, and it sure does make getting this job feel so much better! Like I said before, this job is in Katy, a place where we really want to live. They have an excellent school district and amazing neighborhoods. This will be a great place for Izzy to grow up and attend school. Katy is just a short distance from the Galleria where Greg works. He can hop on the Westpark Tollway and be home in minutes.

Now we just have to find a house! I'm sure it will be another 'everything happens for a reason' adventure... but I'm ready for it. I'm so excited to begin this new chapter in my life. Greg hopes that it will give me less time to write about him on my blog... yeah, whatever!

3 comments:

anna said...

YAY LORA!!! 5th grade is perfect! and in Katy...that's even better! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Lora said...

Thanks, Anna! I'm so, so excited!

Lissa Michelle said...

That is awesome, Lora! What a great opportunity! I'm sure you'll find the perfect house!

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...