Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sham-Wow... more like Sham-POW!

It is a sad day for me... I just learned that the Sham-Wow guy (Vince Shlomi) was arrested last month for felony battery assault charges... on a prostitute! Almost as disturbing (to me, at least), Shlomi listed his occupation as "marketing" on the police report with no mention of the Sham-Wow! Maybe he didn't want to de-fame the infamous super-towel... but I think if I were the Sham-Wow guy, and I had to fill out a form listing my job, I'd write in big bold letters... SHAM-WOW GUY. But then again, he must not be too proud of the Sham-Wow... look at what he's done.

I'm not so crazy about the Sham-Wow anymore... and I'm really glad I haven't bought one yet. Well, maybe I would still buy one if Sham-Wow would get new representation. You know, I think I would make a great Sham-Wow girl!

Here are the links to the articles about the arrest (there are pictures also):

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0330091newsham1.html

Thanks for the heads up, Manda... otherwise, I'd still be singing Mr. Shlomi's praises... yeah, whatever!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Just thought I would let you know, you can buy the Sham-Wow at Walgreen's. =) Hope you all are having a great week.

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...