Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greg vs. Wild

It all started in December when we took Izzy to see Santa Claus. He was a great Santa, complete with a southern drawl and a real beard. Greg was fascinated by his snow white facial hair, and while Izzy had her picture made, he chatted up Mr. Claus about beard growing.

So back in March when we left to go to Ruidoso, Greg decided it would be the perfect time to grow out a beard since he'd be off work for a week. At the end of that week he had some pretty nice scruff going on, thought it was appropriate enough for work, and he's still growing it out.

I have to say that I like bearded Greg, but I'm not sure about the things that have come along with the beard, like the constant grooming. I can't tell you how many times he combs his beard every day. He meticulously trims it... who'd have thought that you have to constantly trim a growing beard? Greg now twists the tiny hairs of his mustache between his fingers each and EVERY time he contemplates the answer to a question.

I don't know what it is about having a beard, but Greg sure is acting more manly these days. By manly, I mean lots more farting, burping, scratching... get the picture?

Last night, after Greg let out a minute long stinky, I just went off! He laughed and laughed at my theory about the beard bringing out the (disgusting) man in him. But it's true! He's gone all Man vs. Wild on me, except he's not out in the wild... he's in our apartment! I've noticed a lot more pocket knives around the house lately, and he's really into beef jerky these days. And not just beef jerky, he's trying all kinds of jerky... his new fave is elk jerky.

I keep thinking the summer heat will get to him, and he'll get rid of the beard... but I think he's enjoying his new found manhood a little too much to do that. But then again, last night he DVR-ed the movie "At First Sight" for me... he said it's such a great movie, and he really wants me to see it! Maybe the beard's not getting the best of him! Yeah, whatever!

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...