Thursday, February 5, 2009

Info-mercialicious

Is it just me or is anyone else fascinated by info-mercials? I have purchased a few items via phone-in orders, and I am happy to say that I've always been pleased. Since the first time I saw the sculpted body of Mari Winsor, I knew I had to have the Winsor Pilates DVD! And for about a year or so, I only used Bare Minerals makeup... this stuff is pretty awesome. And it was such a great deal... so much all-natural make up for just $49.95!


And as you can tell by my previous post, I was recently taken by the Sham-Wow... I still think these towels are amazing, even though my friend Manda is trying to discourage me from purchasing them. Manda has the Zorbeez... the arch-nemesis of the Sham-Wow. She said that they're supposed to be great for drying dogs... apparently they aren't so great at absorbing all of that doggie bath water, but they are great at attracting dog hair. Zorbeez lint roller, anyone?

I think part of my fascination with info-mercials and their "got-to-have-it" products is the fact that I know someone came up with this great idea, and I have a feeling that one day I'll have my great idea, and I'm so going to have an TV ad!


With the help of friends and a blueprint to prove it, we came up with my favorite invention yet. The Knork was our idea, inspired by the plasticware at The Coney, our lunch spot in college. Many a lunch we'd sit there... the guys shoving their coneys into their mouths, and me, trying to be a lady, using a fork (they had no knives) and trying to cut the coney with the side of the fork. Every time, the prongs on the fork would break. Then one day, when I couldn't take it anymore, my friends and I drew up the blueprint and invented the Knork. The Knork is a plastic fork with a knife edge on one side. Perfect for cutting and piercing food... a knife and fork in one! Of course, the knife edge wouldn't be sharp enough to cut the inside of your mouth when you're using the fork part, but it would be just sharp enough to cut a coney into bite sized pieces. Unfortunately, the Knork had already been invented. I was seriously looking up patent information when I received a Knork in the mail from my friend Becky... It was awesome. And not only was it a Knork... on the opposite end was a spoon! Wow! I should have thought of that!


Just the other day, I had to run into Walgreen's to pick up a few things. I turned down the book and magazine aisle, just to skim the newest reads, and you'll never believe what I stumbled upon. An entire shelf dedicated to "as seen on TV" items! I seriously stood there with my mouth open for about ten minutes. Debbie Meyer's Green Bags, Aqua Globes and Pedi Paws... all right there at my local Walgreen's. And there it was, next to the Snuggie, the amazing Sham-Wow! It was like a tiny piece of late night TV heaven! If my hands weren't full, I would have bought the Sham-Wow right then and there. Don't worry Manda... I'm still not a proud owner of a towel that can soak up a two-liter of Coke.


And in Manda's effort to keep me away from the Sham-Wow, she's introduced me to a new product... the Slap Chop, the Sham-Wow guy's latest product! She told me to "you tube" it and watch the video and see for myself how crazy this guy is. So I watched the video, and while I do agree that the demonstrator is insane, I must have this wonderful Slap Chop! The Slap Chop would make salads so easy to make! He did say some funny things though. He actually says in the video... you're going to love my nuts. Of course, he's talking about chopping nuts in the Slap Chop... yeah, whatever.

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...