Thursday, July 21, 2011

Top Ten Things I'm Excited About

I haven't made a lot of time for blogging lately, so I'm going to try to get into the habit of writing at least a little bit more often rather than my usual once in a while lengthy blogging. Today's blog will be short and sweet.



The Top Ten Things I'm Excited About



10. Decorating my classroom... I know this sounds nerdy, but I love shopping for cute borders and letters and organizing my room. That's nerdy, but that's something I get excited about!



9. Swiss Chard... I know. Really weird, but I'm trying to eat a new vegetable every week, and this week is swiss chard. I'm going to make a frittata with it once I finish this blog. There's just something about the name "swiss chard" that sounds so... international!


8. Shelby's baby shower... I am so excited for my sis! She is so very pregnant right now and so deserves this big day to be showered with precious gifts for Miss Abbey. I cannot wait!


7. Fingerpaint... I bought Izzy some fingerpaint yesterday, and I'm so excited for her to use it! She really likes to draw on the shower door with her fingers, so tonight we're going to put some paper on her easel and let the fingerpainting begin!


6. My housekeeper... is amazing! I am so glad I finally hired someone to clean my house. I'm so, so excited for her to come next Thursday. She's like a cleaning genius! I never thought I could find someone as meticulous as myself, but I have... and then some! So excited!



5. The Help... I am so excited to see this movie. I read the book in three days and loved every bit of it. I just know that the movie is going to be fantastic!


4. My dad's visit... my dad is driving all the way from Oklahoma (or homa-homa, as Izzy says) to visit us this weekend. It's been about three years since I saw him last, and I'm excited for him to get to know Izzy and spend some overdue time with Greg and me.


3. NO MORE DIAPERS!!! I'm thinking this should be number 1! (Really, these aren't in a certain order.) Izzy has finally gotten the hang of potty training! She was accident-free yesterday, so I told her that she could pick out some new panties. She picked out little boys Cars briefs. Nice.

2. My wedding band... finally, I am married and not engaged! Ha ha! I have a beautiful engagement ring that doesn't quite fit well with a wedding band, but I've really wanted one. Over the weekend, Greg and I found the perfect band to match! This is my early 30th birthday/5 year anniversary present. I am so, so excited about it. It reminds me of when Greg and I got engaged, and I literally couldn't stop looking at my ring... I love it!


1. Izzy's progress... I am so, so proud of my little girl and the progress she's made this summer. She has done so well with everything we've thrown at her (figuratively speaking, of course!). She's gone from barely eating the foods we've given her to asking for more, please! She's much more compliant when it comes to things she might have typically thrown a tantrum about. She's talking so, so much more and really expressing herself. Some of my favorite little sentences that she's said are:


"Brr... I'm cold. I need a jacket." (When it's 105 outside!)


Arg... I'm a pirate, Mama!"


"I love frogs... Wibbit!"


"I'm Izzy princess mermaid fairy."


"Uncle Chase caught a big crap." (crab)


and, of course...


"I love you, Mama."


Ok... so my short and sweet blog turned into a long blog... What can I say?! I've got a lot of stuff to be excited about... I'll tone down my excitement and go make that Swiss Chard Frittata... yeah, whatever!

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...