Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our Izzy-less Weekend

Man, I'm really slacking in my blogging! I have some good excuses though... Greg and I had a wonderful weekend. We shipped Izzy to Bee Bee's house on Friday afternoon. By "shipped" I mean I met my mother-in-law halfway. That's two hours to the drop off spot and two hours back.

Friday evening we went out to eat, and that was the first time I cheated on my diet. I ordered my favorite cheese-filled, beef fajita meat-stuffed enchiladas with rice and beans. The first few bites were amazing. Then I started to feel really full, and I had no interest in eating the rest of it. I did, however, resist my temptation to have a margarita... and it was happy hour! I patted myself on the back for that one!

Saturday morning I had to get my bangs trimmed and get a pedi before the day's festivities. I ate bacon and eggs for breakfast and headed out. I went to a baby shower at 1 pm in downtown Houston and a wedding at 6 pm in Houston/reception in Katy. I won't even get into the details of what I cheated with during these two events. What I will say is that it wasn't worth it. It made me feel like crap.

Sunday morning we got up and made a big bacon and egg breakfast again and headed out to do a little shopping and watch another movie (can you tell that we are movie-deprived?!). I continued to cheat on my diet. It was like a snowball effect. Once I started, even though I felt bad, I just kept doing it. That night, however, Greg grilled some pork chops, and I made a batch of Son of Grok BBQ sauce. (Thanks for another great recipe Jenni!) We had steamed broccoli and salad, and it was delicious. I was ready to get back on track.

Monday morning I did a little more shopping and went to an orthodontist appointment. Then I headed back out to pick up Miss Izzy. Although we had a great weekend, we were really missing our little girl. We didn't get back here until around 9 pm, so that made for a late night.

I think I needed this weekend to remind me that I don't need all of that crap food. It does nothing but make me feel like crap. I feel so much better when I stick to the diet. While I definitely screwed up my Whole30, I don't think I was really ready to do it just yet. If I was that easily tempted by a weekend without Izzy, then it makes me think that I wasn't mentally prepared for it. I WILL complete a Whole30. That is a promise I'm making to myself. I need to learn to overcome temptation. It's almost a peer pressure thing, you know? Greg ordered enchiladas, so I ordered enchiladas... so I could look normal. I thought peer pressure stopped after middle school. No wait. After high school. No... I definitely experienced peer pressure in college. And now as an almost 30 year old... yeah, whatever!

P.S. We had nut fried chicken again last night - amazingness! :)

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...