Thursday, July 14, 2011

Days Three, Four & Five

Wow... there was no time to blog yesterday or the day before, so I'm going to cram those two days plus today into this blog. Hopefully, I can make it short and sweet!

Day Three
Breakfast
Bacon, Eggs, Blueberries

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Leftover Nut Fried Chicken (love leftovers! And that chicken is DELICIOUS! Probably my favorite Paleo recipe so far! Yum!)
Leftover Salad with fresh squeezed lemon and evoo

Snack
Turkey Bacon

Dinner
Basil & Lime Tilapia
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans

Snack
Strawberry, Banana & Blueberry smoothie with a splash of lime

Day Four
Breakfast
Bacon, Eggs, Blueberries (Are you seeing a pattern here?!)

Snack
Banana

Lunch
1/2 of a grilled chicken salad from Chick-fil-a (I asked for no cheese, but they put cheese on it, so I ate around it. And the reason I only ate half is because Izzy and I grabbed our lunch and headed to the pool because the housekeeper was at the house... and Izzy didn't want to eat; she wanted to swim!)

Snack
Chicken-Apple Sausage
Guacamole with green pepper strips (this was surprisingly delicious!)

Dinner
Grilled Flank Steak
Salad with tomato, cucumber, green peppers dressed with lime juice and evoo
Avacado

Snack
Banana-Blueberry smoothie

Day Five
Breakfast
Breakfast
Bacon, Eggs, Plum (see, I'm changing it up!)

Snack
Banana

Lunch
1 1/2 burger patties from Sonic
Apple slices

Snack
Banana
Almonds
Turkey lunch meat

Whew... that was a lot of food to write down! The good thing about writing it all down at once is that I'm noticing some recurring patterns. I like my breakfast habit, but I would like to change it up a bit. Another I've noticed is that I eat a lot of bananas. I need to change that. Izzy's nutritionist told me that one banana has about 40 grams of carbs! Geez!

I'm starting to get a little antsy as this weekend begins. For one, I just met my mother-in-law to drop Izzy off for the weekend. I'm always a little off kilter when she's away from me. Secondly, Izzy's away! We can do whatever we want! I can eat whatever I want and not have to worry about telling Izzy that she can't have it... but I've started my Whole30. I'm even trying to rationalize with myself. "It's not a real Whole30 because I'm still eating fruits," and "It would be nice to have a glass of wine and relax this weekend." Part of me wants to pat myself on the back for lasting five days, and the other part of me wants to slap myself and say get it together!

Paleo eating is very new to our family. We've been on this diet for about six weeks. Of course, I had to give up a few more things to be Whole30 compliant. Was it too soon for me to start a Whole30? I can't remember who said you should strive to eat Paleo 80 percent of the time... but that has been running through my head all day! Can this weekend just please be the other 20 percent?! Yeah, whatever!

1 comment:

Jenni (Mac) D said...

I understand...the weekends are the hardest! I wouldn't blame you if you have something "non-paleo" this weekend, but if you can be strict for 30 days it's amazing how good you feel! We're on day 20...only 10 more days left until I start re-introducing things into the diet! :) Yaay!

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...