Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day Two: Not so bad!

Well, Day One of my Whole30 wasn't so bad. I finished up the evening just as I planned. I cooked the stuffed bell peppers for dinner, and I thought they were just delicious! Greg doused them in Frank's Red Hot Sauce and Izzy avoided it until I showed her that she could just eat the meat and not the pepper. After dinner we walked (Izzy rode in her wagon) to the park and watched Izzy play for a little bit. I love going for walks in the evening.

When we got home, I was dying to try my new blender that I got on sale at HEB, so I whipped up some strawberry banana smoothies. (Ice, 1/2 pint strawberries, one banana, splash of fresh squeezed orange) Izzy was so excited about this because I told her it was like ice cream. She jumped up and down while I made them and then sat quietly and slurped her smoothie through her pink straw! Delicious! I did feel a sugar rush after drinking the smoothie... maybe this is why I should be laying off the fruit for my Whole30? I just don't feel like I can give up fruit right now. Since we started eating Paleo, I rely on fruit... probably more the reason to not eat it for a month? Maybe next time! :)

Here's what I've eaten today:

Day Two

Breakfast
Bacon
Two Eggs, scrambled
blueberries
Water

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Three pieces of ham rolled up in an iceberg lettuce leaf
Leftover steamed veggies from yesterday's lunch
Two more pieces of ham

Snack
Almonds
Watermelon

For dinner tonight I plan to make "Nut Fried Chicken"... another recipe from my friend, Jenni. It sounds delicious. I'm also excited because we're having avacados to go with it. There is nothing better to me than eating an avacado sprinkled with salt and pepper. Yum! Another delicious way to eat avacados (other than guacamole, of course) is to grill them for a few minutes... just enough to get grill lines on them. It makes them soft and gives them that great smoky flavor.

Wow... I could really talk/write about food all day! Yeah, whatever!

2 comments:

Jenni (Mac) D said...

Dying to know how the nut fried chicken went over! Hope day 3 has been successful!

Lora said...

Nut friend chicken = amazingness! Greg and Izzy LOVED it! It was so good!!! Thanks for the recipe!

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...