Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Can I Make Some Living Re-Arrangements???

Some people live with their significant other before deciding to marry or even in lieu of marriage, and while others, like me, wait until they've got the ring and the wedding to commit to living with someone day in and day out. I've heard many reasons why you should and shouldn't live with someone before marriage, but I'm glad I waited. If I would have lived with Greg before that beautiful September day... well, let's just say I'm glad I waited as long as I did.

Last night, while we were hanging out in the living room, Izzy quietly creeped over to the end table and grabbed my glass of tea, and as soon as I realized it, she had already spilled it on the floor, the wall and under the couch. (I should know better than to bring any sort of beverage within Izzy's reach.) So, I grabbed an old towel and started mopping up the mess. I moved the couch out of the way so I could sop up the puddle of tea, and I noticed something on the floor. Lots of somethings... what the heck?! Fingernail clippings. Giant Greg fingernail clippings. Gross!

I swept up seven or eight nasty fingernail clippings as I asked Greg why he had been tossing his fingernails behind the couch. Did he really think that they would never be found? He was actually proud of himself for me not finding them until now!

And right after we got married, I would do laundry and there would be just one pair of Greg's boxers in the load. This was after several days of dirty clothes had piled up. Finally after a couple of weeks, I asked him where all of his dirty underwear was... then I found out that he wears the same pair of underwear for DAYS.

Living with a guy is so disgusting sometimes. Oh, what I'd give to have my BFF Brittany as a roommate again. We were so perfect together... cooking dinner together and watching Grey's Anatomy, sleeping in her big cozy bed with our not-so-matching set of Chihuahuas, and never, NEVER having to worry about finding tiny Brittany fingernail clippings behind the couch.

Brittany, will you marry me? Ha ha! Yeah... whatever!

No comments:

2023: My Favorite Reads

 In 2023, I set these book goals: Read 60 books. Gift the books in my TBR stack after reading them. Write! Use this creative outlet to keep ...